It's a lovely Saturday and we're here with another fun recipe for you and your pooches to enjoy!
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar or stevia
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soy milk or rice milk
1 banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg replacement (such as Ener-G)
1/4 cup raw nuts (optional)
1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
1/4 cup vegan carob chips (optional)
Extra banana slices (optional)
(Makes 6-8 average sized pancakes)
1. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg replacement, and cinnamon.
2. Mash the banana in a separate bowl and mix it with the milk and vanilla until the mix is fairly smooth.
3. Now is a good time to turn on your skillet or griddle and grease it with Pam cooking spray.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until it feels creamy and smooth. If the batter feels a bit thick, just add a dribble more soy or rice milk to thin it out.
5. Add your batter to your skillet. Here is where you add your optional ingredients. Pictured, we have made a blueberry and slivered almond pancake, a vegan carob chip pecan pancake, and a vegan carob chip almond pancake. Sliced bananas also are great to add to the top or into your pancakes, as well.
A note for the pups: If you're cooking these for your pooches, omit the nuts. Some dogs have nut allergies, so experimenting with nuts can be dangerous. For pups, stick to adding berries, bananas, or vegan carob chips, which are a safe and healthy alternative for your fur babies.
These are a Sunday morning brunch favorite in our house, so we hope that you can make this and brighten up your weekend!
Before we head off to enjoy our day, we want to let everyone know that we are recruiting members for a street team to help spread the word about our shop! We already have 3 team members signed up. If you'd like to join in, please leave a comment with your e-mail address listed so that I can contact you, or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Street team members will receive a coupon for a special discount as thanks for helping JD, Ringo, and I to share our work with others :]
x's & o's